Saturday 28 February 2009

You Are My Sweetest Downfall.

Today is the first time in 3 years that I havent been up at 8 the day Mcfly tour tickets go on sale. To some people this may not be a massive deal (it probably isn't but it means something to me) but I kinda feel like it's the end of an era for me which is kind of sad in some respects.

I've always loved Mcfly and do still have a soft spot for them but I think I've grown out of loving them, becoming slightly obsessed with them and just having to have amazing tickets to see them on each tour. When I saw them last November I just didn't get the same buzz I used too despite it being an amazing show because whether you like them or not, it's hard to deny they don't put on a good show and are pretty amazing live.

Gone are the days when me, Dani and Katie happily queued outside Wembley on a freezing cold December day for 9 hours just to get to the front. I might just be getting old but I have lost the patience to cope with Mcfly fans who would happily stopm on you and kick you to get to the barrier.

Ah well c'est la vie; Mcfly have given me alot of happy memories over the past years and introduced me to 2 of the bestest friends in the world so for that I'm grateful.


________________________________________________________________

Songs Of The Week

  • Regina Spektor - Samson.
  • Placebo - Special Needs.
  • Bat For Lashes - What's A Girl To Do.
  • Coldplay - The Scientist.

No comments: